NYCharities.org is a free, online contributions portal, which is dedicated to increasing charitable dollars from donors to New York causes, and providing information on New York State's 98,000 charities.
It gives donors a centralized site to learn about New York charities, and easy, safe means to give time, money and talent.
For nonprofits, it provides a unique way to promote missions, to educate new donors, and to extend fundraising reach in a way that supplements existing efforts.
Our objectives are:
- To enhance the technology capabilities of all New York State charities by providing free donations screens, search engines tools, and e-ticketing services.
- To make all charities visible to increasing numbers of donors.
- To extend the fundraising reach of charities, no matter how small or how large.
- To accelerate vital communications between nonprofits, their donors and stakeholders.
- To promote effective ways of utilizing vast cost efficiencies of the Internet.
We do so by providing the following:
- A listing of all publicly reporting charities focused on New York's communities, concerns, and neighborhoods.
- Links connecting donors to each charity's web site allowing them to learn more about programs and services.
- Free donation screens for each charity, which can be customized with program information and logos.
- The ability to donate on a one-time basis or regularly to the charity of choice in any amount, whether $5 or $10,000, depending on one's capability.
- The means for each donor to give with assurance that their privacy is protected, and that their personal information will not be sold.
- A fast easy search by neighborhood, category, and zip code to make giving painless and trouble-free.
- Volunteer search engines for children and adults provided by Children For Children Foundation and VolunteerMatch.com.
- Electronic email receipts for the donors' records. Thank you letters which can be customized by charities.
- The ability to make donations in honor of or in memory of individuals and events.
- Free E-cards which can be sent in commemoration of ones gift.
- The option to print out a personal giving history using a Login and Password.
- E-ticketing tools which charities can use for event registrations and ticket sales.
- Sponsorship opportunities for those who want to help underwrite the costs of transferring 100% of donation to the charity of choice in return for public recognition on the site.